Moving In or Out of the City

Moving Into the City

If you are purchasing a home in Vadnais Heights, please contact City Hall two weeks prior to the move. This will ensure that a change will be made regarding the person responsible for paying a utility bill. You will need to tell us the date you’re moving into your new home; the name that will be on the account; and the property address. You may fill out the online fillable Moving Into the City form, or email our Utility Department or call 651-204-6022 with this information.

Unlike gas, electric or cable billings, city utility bills are assessed to properties, not individuals. Accordingly, property buyers are encouraged to collect accrued city utility charges at closing. Any unpaid charges from the seller will remain on the property and will become the responsibility of the new owner. 

Moving Out of the City

If you’re a homeowner moving out of Vadnais Heights, it’s important that you let the City know at least two weeks before you move. Please fill out the online fillable Moving Out of the City form, or email our Utility Department or call 651-204-6022 to schedule a final utility bill.


If you are a renter in Vadnais Heights, we do not require notification. Please contact your association or landlord regarding payment to your utility bill. Utility bills are sent directly to the homeowner or association.